Welcome to Bunker Talk and we wish all our American readers a happy Thanksgiving!
Bunker Talk is a weekend open discussion post for the best commenting crew on the net, in which we can chat about all the stuff that went on this week that we didn’t cover. We can also talk about the stuff we did or whatever else grabs your interest. In other words, it’s literally an off-topic thread.
The story of this week’s top shot:
“The West Tunnel Blast Door, which weighs 25 tons and serves as an entrance to a former government relocation facility, also know as the bunker, is seen during a media tour at Greenbrier Resort July 14, 2006, in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. The bunker, codenamed ‘Project Greek Island’ and planned by the Eisenhower administration, was a 112,000 square-foot shelter constructed beneath the Greenbrier Resort’s West Virginia Wing, to serve as a relocation site for members of the U.S. Congress and associated staff in the event of a nuclear attack on the U.S. soil. The facility was built between 1958 and 1961 and was maintained in a state of operational readiness until the government terminated the lease with the resort in 1995. The bunker will be reopened for public tours on August 20 after a two-year-long renovation. (Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images)”
Also, kindly remember:
- If you want to talk politics, do so respectfully and know that there’s always somebody that isn’t going to agree with you.
- If you have political differences, hash it out respectfully, stick to the facts, and no childish name-calling or personal attacks of any kind. If you can’t handle yourself in that manner, then please, discuss virtually anything else.
- No drive-by garbage political memes. No conspiracy theory rants. Links to crackpot sites will be axed, too. Trolling and shitposting will not be tolerated. No obsessive behavior about other users. Just don’t interact with folks you don’t like.
- Do not be a sucker and feed trolls! That’s as much on you as on them. Use the mute button if you don’t like what you see.
- So unless you have something of quality to say, know how to treat people with respect, understand that everyone isn’t going to subscribe to your exact same worldview, and have come to terms with the reality that there is no perfect solution when it comes to moderation of a community like this, it’s probably best to just move on.
- Finally, as always, report offenders, please. This doesn’t mean reporting people who don’t share your political views, but we really need your help in this regard.
The bunker doors are swinging open.
Get comfortable, sit back, relax, and discuss.
Contact the editor: Brian@thedrive.com